Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hot dog!

So the hubs and I have a new schedule;
I get up when he gets up.
While he's getting ready, I make breakfast.
Good deal, huh?
I like it.
After he went to work, I felt all good about myself because I got the munchkin ready for school, gave him breakfast, and got him to brush his teeth.
I even got him to put his shoes on 15 minutes before the bus (which takes him to his preschool) was supposed to come.
And then?
And then?
We missed the bus.
How, you ask?
Scooby Doo is how.
Anyway..
So I loaded him up in my car and drove him down to the preschool and signed him in.
This is when I realized...
I haven't practiced signing my new name.
Ah well, I've started practicing.

While I was already out, I figured I would stop by the store and get a few things that would make my life a little easier:

A baby gate (for the puppy)

More cereal (for the munchkin)

Some fruit cups and graham crackers (for the same munchkin)

Stubbornly, I didn't get a cart on the way in, so it was quite a juggling act getting everything to the checkout.
While I was getting the baby gate, I got the baby fever again really bad. You have to go in the baby section to get baby gates. This put me behind on my to-do list because I spent who knows how long in there feeling the soft baby clothes and breathing in the baby shampoo. *sigh*

Anyway, I got back in time to do numero uno on my list: Clean out the fridge.
While I was cleaning it out, my sister-in-law skyped me with my darling 19mos old niece (who has little blond pigtails now) and the baby fever got worse.
Then my love called and told me he was coming home for lunch and when he got in, I bombarded him with baby talk and nursery plans. (We have an accepted offer on that house; we just have to wait for the paperwork to make it final.)

Now he's gone back to work and I really should get back to my to-do list before the boy-o comes home from his mom's (clean the living room, family room, sort laundry, do dishes, and clean out the car), but first I'm going to post my menu for the next two weeks because my best friend Keely asked me to.
So, here it is in no particular order:

Black Bean Nacho Bake
Pork Noodle Casserole
Crispy Chicken Salsa
Quick and Cheesy Sausage Rotini
Quick and Easy Sausage on a Bun
Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-fry
Broccoli-cheddar Chicken Bundles
Cheesy Shrimp and Rice
Toasted Tuna Melts
Creamy Chicken Pasta Toss

Almost all of these recipes are courtesy of Kraft Foods. (Give credit where credit is due. Lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment